Custom Blazers and Sport Coats
Our custom blazer process
Whether you want the classic navy blazer for business casual or a jacket to wear with denim while dining out, Hall Madden will make you a sport coat to fit both you and the occasion.
- Fit comes first: Our custom blazers use the same made-to-measure process as our custom suits. Learn more about our process here. Unlike off-the-rack jackets, we craft a garment to both your comfort, posture, and size. A second fitting to look for adjustments and alterations are included. Fit is the fit specialist's priority.
- Quality: All jackets are made fully canvased, although we do offer a completely unstructured option with no canvasing and no shoulder pads for a very casual garment. We also use bemberg liners, horn buttons, and the same high quality standards used on our custom suits.
- Fabrics: Arguably even more options are available in jacketing than suiting. Plain-woven worsted wools make great business casual blazers. Seasonal fabrics give your jacket personality: linen, cotton, and silk for summer; flannel, cashmere, and tweed for winter. And even more hues of color and options for pattern. Let your fit specialist guide you through our collections to create a blazer that showcases your sartorial taste.
- Design: Go conservative with flap pockets and 2-button front. Casualize the jacket with a 3-roll-2 and rounded patch pockets. Consider softer shoulders or go completely unstructured. For warm weather, opt for an unlined jacket and softer canvasing. Dive into the details with buttons or contrast threads. Your fit specialist can make recommendations about what will work best.
- Pricing: Standard navy hopsack wool blazer starting at $750. At the upper end, we have cashmere options from Loro Piana at $3000. As you'd expect, most of our options lie somewhere in between and depend entirely on the fabric chosen. Keep in mind some fabric collections are limited seasonally, especially from Ermenegildo Zegna and Loro Piana. Book your appointment early in the season for the most selection.
- Timeline: Similar to our custom suits, typical final delivery is about 6 weeks for stocked fabrics and up to 8 weeks with special order fabrics.
Let's design you a blazer that you love
Maximize blazer versatility with casual weaves like hopsack or fabrics with textured fibers with a "rough" hand (tweeds, linens, raw silks).
A subtle pattern gives the blazer class, and a louder pattern makes it more sartorial - the trick is finding balance.
Play with unstructured shoulders and lighter canvassing to make dressing the blazer down easier.
Choose between our 3 types of blazers during your one on one appointment.
Choose from a variety of Glen plaids, windowpanes, checks, and other patterns in all colors $750-2500
A textured, solid color blazer is the most versatile piece of clothing you can own. $750-2000
The softest fabric you can buy in the world is the 100% cashmere from the Cloud collection of the Italian mill Loro Piana. $3000